Customer FAQsIf you can’t find the answer to your question in the list of frequently asked questions below, please call us at 1.844.734.7233.
How do I log in to remotely arm/disarm my system?
I forgot my password for the app and when I hit “password reset” it says I need my old password! What do I do?
Why does my system show low battery trouble?
What type of battery is needed for each device?
I got a call from Security Central. Who is Security Central?
Why did the monitoring center call me to report “system inactivity”?
My first bill is way more than I thought it was going to be. Why?
My alarm went off accidentally, but I quickly entered the code and shut it off. I expected a call from QEI Security & Technology, but no one called. Why not?
Why did my smoke detector falsely go off?
- Smoke from burned food on the stove
- Smoke from a woodstove or fireplace
- Steam from taking a shower or cooking
- Self-cleaning oven
- Exhaust from a car (door from garage to house open)
- Smoke or dust from construction work in the home
- Detectors that are not maintained (contain dirt, insects or pollen)
- Electrical malfunction or component failure with the system
- Electrical power surges from power company
What happens if I accidentally trigger my alarm system?
Can I get rid of my landline phone, but still keep my security system?
Free Home Consultation
For some homeowners, peace of mind means every single first floor window is protected. Other homeowners feel that is overkill and simply want to add a few shock sensors that will react if someone bangs on an exterior wall, window or door. At your home consultation, your consultant will explain different ways to protect your home. You will then determine which option makes you the most comfortable and fits within your budget.